The Credit Union Marketing & Business Development Council of Virginia is a committee of the Virginia Credit Union League (VACUL). The council is a cooperative effort of credit union professionals. Its mission is to foster the development of best practices in support of all League-affiliated credit unions across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Cheryl Dickerson - (League Board Liason) - CEO, Fairfax City Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, VA.
Dawn Lindley - Director, Marketing and Financial Literacy at VACUL
Nicole Widell – VP, Member Services/Marketing at VACUL
We’d like to welcome five new members this year (2012/2013):
- Kelli Ragland from ABNB FCU
- Rick Crocker from Argent FCU
- Lindsey Megginson is Marketing Manager for DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) in Waynesboro, VA. DCCU has a community charter to serve those who live, work, worship or attend school in our eligibility area (Augusta, Waynesboro, Rockingham, Staunton, Rockbridge, Harrisonburg, Highland, Lexington, Bath, Buena Vista, and Shenandoah). DCCU is part of the Central Virginia chapter of VACUL. In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Lindsey serves as co-chair of DCCU’s United Way committee, and is a certified Credit Union Financial Counselor. In 2011 DCCU was awarded with three first place state-level awards for the Desjardins Youth Financial Education, The Dora Maxwell, and The Louise Herring. Need an expert? eMail Lindsey (LMegginson@mydccu.com) to chat about Marketing.
- Linda Broughton is the Marketing Assistant at Bellwood Credit Union, a division of Henrico Federal Credit Union in Richmond, VA. Henrico, as the Richmond-area’s first community chartered credit union, we can serve those who live, work, worship or attend school in Henrico and the greater Richmond area from Ashland to Chesterfield County to Goochland to Powhatan to Prince George, Petersburg & Sussex County. In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Linda serves on the Richmond Chapter Community Involvement Committee and the Richmond Chapter Workshop Committee. She served on the award winning “What if Credit Unions.com” committee and the VACUL Financial Education Committee. Linda is also involved in the community with the Jefferson Davis Association refurbishing the Route 1 corridor. She is also involved at DSCR, the military base next to Bellwood, bringing credit union awareness and helping the community. In 2011, Linda received the 2011 CUNA Diamond Merit Award for Financial Education. She reached over 1,000 students and adults teaching about savings and credit unions.
- Whitney Mathers is coordinator of visual marketing and business development at Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union in Virginia Beach.
And welcome back our crew from 2011/2012:
Stephanie Bailey is Marketing Coordinator for 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union in Hampton Roads, VA. 1st Advantage has a community charter to serve the Virginia Peninsula and is part of the Hampton Roads chapter of VACUL.
Need an expert? Give Stephanie a call (757.877.2444 ext. 2292) to chat about any of the following marketing areas:
- Graphic design
- Project management
Ken Gonyer is a VP and Branch Manager at Park View Federal Credit Union in Harrisonburg, VA. Park View FCU serves members and affiliates of the Mennonite and Brethren churches in Rockingham County and is part of the Central Virginia chapter of VACUL. Ken is the blogmaster for CUmarketplace.com. In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Ken is a member of the CUNA Operations, Sales & Service Council and theInternational Association of Coaching. As a trainer and speaker, he has presented at the VACUL Train the Trainer Workshop, the VACUL Annual Meeting, and the East Coast Credit Union Marketing & Business Development Conference. Ken has served as club President and Area Governor for Toastmasters International. He’s been coordinator of Youth Leadership Programs for both Rotary and Toastmasters as well. Ken is licensed in life insurance and annuities and is a Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor. In 2012, Ken was honored with a Category’s Best Award in the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council’s Diamond Awards in Marketing and the VACUL Political Action Advocate of the Year Award. His articles have been published in Credit Union Business Magazine, Credit Union Times, CU Water Cooler, CU Insight, and Credit Union Magazine.
Need an expert? Call Ken (540.434.6444 ext. 160) to chat about any of the following:
- Event planning
- Public relations
- Staff training and coaching
- Writing and editing
- Presentations and public speaking
Sarah Marks is Vice President, Marketing & Advertising at Fort Lee Federal Credit Union in Prince George, VA. Fort Lee has a community charter and serves Fort Lee, Prince George County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County and the cities of Hopewell, Petersburg and Colonial Heights. It is part of the Southside Chapter of VACUL.
In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Sarah is President of the Southside Chapter and member of the Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce, the Colonial Heights Chamber of Commerce, the Petersburg Chamber of Commerce, the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce and the Civilian-Military Council. Sarah is also the Yearbook Committee Chair for Clover Hill Elementary PTA.
In 2010, Sarah received the 2010 CUNA Diamond Award for Brand Awareness, the CUNA Merit Award for CU Newsletters, and the CUNA Diamond Award for VACUL’s East Coast Marketing Conference program.
Need an expert? Email Sarah to chat about:
- Strategic Marketing (planning and implementation)
- Branding (design and copywriting)
Advertising (print, broadcast, outdoor, website)
- Vendor Relations
- Event Planning
Catherine McDermott is President/CEO of RF&P Federal Credit Unionin Richmond, VA. RF&P is a Multiple Common Bond charter serving RF&P and CSX Railroad and serves groups in Richmond, Henrico and Chesterfield. RF&P Federal Credit Union is part of the Richmond Chapter of VACUL.
In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Catherine is a member of the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA).
Need an expert? Give Catherine a call (804.266.2767 ext. 206) to chat about:
Chris J. Miller is chair of the Council. He is Marketing Manager at Chesterfield Federal Credit Union in Chesterfield, VA. Chesterfield FCU serves Chesterfield/Amelia government, Chesterfield County students, and a variety of smaller businesses/homeowner associations. The credit union is part of the Richmond Chapter of VACUL.
In addition to serving on the VACUL Marketing & Business Development Council, Chris serves as President of the Richmond Chapter and is Chairman of the Marketing Committee. He helped to develop the Diamond award-winning WhatIfCreditUnions.com campaign.
Need an expert? Give Chris a call (804.639.8023 ext. 108) to chat about:
W. Andrew Reynolds is Investment Officer / Marketing Analyst at Martinsville DuPont Credit Union in the West Piedmont area (Martinsville, Collinsville, Rocky Mount) of Virginia. MDCU has a community charter and serves the West Piedmont Planning District (counties of Patrick, Henry, Franklin & Pittsylvania and cities of Martinsville & Danville) and is part of the Piedmont Chapter of VACUL.
Andrew says: “Credit Unions work for people, not profits and that’s what I do.”
Need an expert? Call Andrew (276.632.1679) to chat about:
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Liquidity Management
- Target Marketing
- Membership Satisfaction
Dan Veasey is Marketing & Information Systems Manager at Piedmont Credit Union in Danville, VA. Piedmont has a community charter and serves Danville and the counties of Pittsylvania and Halifax. It is a part of the Piedmont Chapter of VACUL.
Need an expert? Call Dan (434.797.1954 x301) to chat about web development.
Susanne Waltemyer is Business Development Manager at Commonwealth One Federal Credit Union based in Alexandria, VA. Commonwealth One has a Multiple Common Bond charter and serves groups in Washington D.C., Harrisonburg, Warren County, Clarke County and parts of Alexandria, VA. COFCU is part of the Northern Virginia Chapter of VACUL.
Need an expert? Call Susanne (703.236.7635) to chat about:
- Building relationships
- Increasing awareness through community outreach